The course discusses topics in sociological theorizing and methodology.
Write a literature review paper on a topic of your choice (approx. 5 pages + bibliography) emphasizing:
- The specificity of the sociological approach, in relation with perspectives from other disciplines on the given topic;
- Choose one or more course topics (discussed in 2017/2018, see below) and relate these concepts and authors to your discussion; course materials have been distributed via email;
- The sociological concepts and theories that you chose to approach the selected topic; what are the controversies within the sociological field?
- Include and discuss the relevant articles from the Annual Reviews of Sociology and Annual Reviews of Anthropology
- The authors whom you consider most relevant for your discussion, in sociology and related disciplines.
Use the Harvard standard for references.
Submit it by e-mail, by January 22nd, 2018, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Topics & Invited speakers 2017 / 2018
- Theorizing gender in social research (Cosima Rughiniș)
- The concept of “social construction” in sociological research (Lazăr Vlăsceanu)
- Challenges in present-day market research (Alin Teodorescu)
- Classical sociological theorists (Călin Cotoi)
- Contemporary sociological theory and methodological orientation (Lazăr Vlăsceanu)
- John Urry and the paradigm of mobility in sociology (Gabriel Jderu)
- Paula Tufiș
- Vasile Dâncu
- Liviu Chelcea and Erin McElroy
- Dumitru Sandu
- Adrian Curaj